Main menu

Pages

Jennifer Aniston's Salad

Jennifer Aniston's Salad


Jennifer Aniston's salad is fresh, crunchy, and rich in vegetable protein. Enjoy this light, gluten-free salad for a healthy lunch or dinner.

I don't know about you but every time I hear the name "Jennifer Aniston" followed by anything else, I subscribe. If it works for Jennifer Aniston, it works for me!

That said, I recently came across a dish via TikTok that Jen once called "the perfect salad" and couldn't resist making it on the same day.

Jennifer Aniston's salad is fresh, crunchy, healthy, and rich in vegetable protein. I often take it as a light lunch and high-protein snack after a hard workout.

If you're a Friends TV fanatic, you probably know that Jennifer Aniston says she ate the same salad every day for 10 years with co-stars Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow while filming the show. This Jennifer Aniston salad is not this Jennifer Aniston salad.

The salad I had was the Cobb salad, while it is a delight on the tabbouleh. Years ago, she shared a photo of herself on Instagram with the caption "My perfect salad" and listed the ingredients inside her bowl.

Jennifer Aniston's Salad

What's in Jennifer Aniston's Salad

  • Quinoa: Jen's salad shared on Instagram was made with bulgur, but since bulgur isn't gluten-free, I substituted cooked quinoa. Quinoa is a nutrient-dense seed, not a grain, and is an excellent source of plant-based protein, minerals, and antioxidants.
  • Chicken or vegetable broth: Cook quinoa in broth or broth instead of water to give it more flavor.
  • Chickpeas: Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are high in fiber and protein. I use low-sodium canned chickpeas for convenience.
  • Cucumber: I prefer chopping English cucumbers to mix into this dish because they don't need to be peeled or seeded first. I love the fresh flavor it brings to every bite. Feel free to use the regular option or even the Persian option instead.
  • Red Onions: Chopped red onions add a delicious crunch to Jennifer Aniston's salad. If you are sensitive to red onions, sliced ​​green onions also taste good.
  • Fresh Herbs: What I love most about my quinoa salad is the addition of fresh parsley and mint. The fresh mint flavor, in particular, really shines. Bring them!
  • Pistachio: I like that Jane thinks pistachios are included in this dish. The salty, satisfying crunch adds lots of flavor and protein. I think chopped walnuts, almonds, or even sunflower seeds would be great alternatives if you don't have pistachios on hand.
  • Feta Cheese: Crumbled feta cheese adds a tangy flavor that you can pick up in every bite. If you want to keep your salad dairy-free and vegan, you can use vegan feta (or leave it out). I heard that the VioLife brand of vegan feta is amazing.
  • Lemon Vinaigrette: While Jane chose not to wet her salad, or at least didn't mention it in her Instagram post, I think a super simple mix of lemon juice, extra olive oil virgin, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of honey lights up the whole dish.
Jennifer Aniston's Salad

Ideal for meal prep

This recipe makes a ton of great salads because you can split them up for easy weeknight lunches. I also started lifting weights last spring and increased my protein intake. However, I find a tablespoon of Jennifer Aniston salad to make a great post-workout snack. I love this protein and nutrition bundle!

I think a quinoa and chickpea salad is quite satisfying on its own, but feel free to pair it with grilled or roasted chicken, roasted or sautéed shrimp, grilled steak, or even sliced ​​chicken. avocado to add healthy fats. yes!

Fresh, crunchy, and healthy, I hope you try this amazing salad! Let's go.

How to make a Jennifer Aniston salad

Start by cooking the quinoa in chicken or vegetable broth until tender. Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan and add dry quinoa, reduce heat, cover and simmer until quinoa is cooked through and broth is absorbed about 15 minutes. The cooking process is very similar to cooking rice. You'll know quinoa has ripened when it "explodes" in what looks like tiny springs. The texture is very fresh.

Place the quinoa in a storage dish or large container with a lid to cool before placing it in the refrigerator to cool completely. I usually do it a day before the scheduled date.

Once the quinoa has cooled, add all the good stuff. We have canned chickpeas that have been drained and rinsed, chopped pistachios, crumbled feta, chopped cucumber, and chopped red onion.

Plus lots of fresh chopped herbs including parsley and mint. Very good.

The last step is to prepare a simple lemon vinaigrette to garnish the salad. It's just equal parts lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil whipped with a drizzle of honey, plus a pinch of salt and pepper.

Drizzle as much of the lemon dressing as you'd like over the quinoa salad and toss. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. I hope you seriously love this simple yet amazing quinoa salad from Miss Jennifer Aniston herself! Enjoy!

Comments